Bookings and cancellation (face-to-face and online sessions)
When we agree a booking, you will receive an email from me confirming your booking and where relevant, this will include the details for the online call. I require you to arrange payment for each session prior to the start time of the session unless we have agreed otherwise.
If you are unable to attend a scheduled appointment, please let me know by email or text. I will reschedule your booking, provided 48 hours’ notice is given.
If you give less than 48 hours’ notice, a cancellation charge of 50% of the session fee will be payable.
If you give less than 24 hours’ notice, a cancellation charge of 100% of the fee will be payable.
In the unlikely event that I have to reschedule a session, I will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible.
I am committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, I will hold all personal data responsibly and in strictest confidence.
What data I collect
I may collect the following information:
- Marketing and communications data – your name and e-mail address when you subscribe to my newsletter.
- Enquiries – your e-mail address and/or your phone number and name if you make an enquiry about my services. If you choose to proceed to an initial appointment, please see below. I will use your e-mail address for any follow up after sessions, to confirm appointments, for administration purposes and to respond to any e-mails that you send to me.
- Sessions – I will take appropriate notes during the initial meeting and may add to these notes after the session. If we agree to further sessions, I will make notes after each session to maintain a record of our work together. I will allocate a client number to these notes and they will not include any personal or identifying information. These notes will be stored in a locked cupboard when I am not referencing them. I will maintain a separate list that contains your name, e-mail address and phone number and this information is stored on a password protected spreadsheet. This spreadsheet is held on a password-protected computer.
- Payment – details of payments that you have made to my business bank account and my PayPal account.
How the data is stored and security
I will keep all your private information in strictest confidence. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect.
My website has an SSL certificate which means data sent between the server and the visitor’s browser is encrypted and protected.
I have nominated a trusted colleague in the event that I have a serious illness or die. They will access your contact details to let you know if I am unable to continue working with you and suggest other practitioners if necessary. They will close my practice, including the safe disposal of client notes and data.
What I do with the information gathered
I require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
I may use the information to improve my services
I may periodically send promotional emails or other information which I think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Links to other websites
My website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave my site, you should note that I do not have any control over the other website. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do/do not want the information to be used by me to contact you
- if you have previously agreed that I may use your personal information to contact you, you change your mind at any time and notify me by sending an email
- I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless I have your permission or am required by law to do so. I may use your personal information to send you information about my services.
How to revoke consent for storage of data
If you believe that any of the information that I am holding for you is incorrect or incomplete, please email me as soon as possible. I will promptly correct any information that is found to be incorrect.
If you have provided your e-mail address in order to receive my newsletter, you may request that your details are removed from my database by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link that can be found at the bottom of the newsletter or by sending an e-mail.
You may request details of personal information which I hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please send me an email. If you have attended sessions with another person, the session notes remain the confidential material of both people and one person cannot request the notes for a third party.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
I use traffic log cookies to identify which website pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve my website in order to tailor it to meet client needs. I use this information solely for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help me provide you with a better website, by enabling me to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
A cookie does not give me access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you have chosen to share with me.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
I may change these policies from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page intermittently to ensure that you are happy with any changes. These policies are effective from Dec 2019.